Winter is well and truly upon us, so it's time for more winter warmers!
The Perfect Pancake Sundae
What you'll need:
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of bicarb soda
- 1/3 cup of castor sugar
- 25g butter, melted
- Salted caramel sauce
- A pint or three of your favourite Ben & Jerry’s flavour (we used Chubby Hubby and Chocolate Fudge Brownie)
- Chocolate flakes
To whip up your pancakes, follow the simple directions below:
- Whisk milk, egg and vanilla together in a jug. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in centre. Add milk mixture. Whisk until just combined.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush pan with butter. Using 1/4 cup mixture per pancake, cook 2 pancakes for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture, brushing pan with butter between batches.
Now your delicious, fluffy pancakes are ready, all you need to do is scoop your flavourite Ben & Jerry's on to your pancakes, add your sauce and flakes and you're done! Enjoy :).