Producing an hour's worth of TV spits out about 12.9 tonnes of CO2. A few of your favourite shows now include a few more green products - environmentally friendly coffee cups and non-GMO products have made appearances on shows like House of Cards, Suits, VEEP, Orange is the New Black and Gossip Girl. Now that’s smart telly.Read More
When you think of waffles, you probably think of Sunday brunch, maple syrup and whipped cream smiley faces. But here’s something truly devious: combining them with your favourite Ben & Jerry’s flavour for a brunch-inspired treat that you can enjoy anytime. You might say it’s madness, but we say it’s genius. So break out your waffle iron and give this inspired ice cream hack a try:
What You’ll Need:
- Waffle mix
- Waffle iron
- A pint of your favourite Ben & Jerry's ice cream
- Strawberries, raspberries or other delicious fruits
What To Do:
- Prepare the waffle batter according to the package.
- Grease the waffle iron, pour recommended amount batter into place, and cook your waffle to golden brown perfection.
- Remove waffle and allow to cool completely.
- Cut your waffle into quarters and place one quarter on a plate.
- Using a large knife, slice your Ben & Jerry’s pint to make a perfect circle of ice cream, then unwrap the pint container from the ice cream.
- Place ice cream slice onto your waffle piece.
- Add sliced strawberries, raspberries, blackberries or other delicious fruits.
Dirty energy is making a big mess – a mess of our planet and a mess of our reef. To avoid disastrous impacts to our precious planet, we need to keep fossil fuels in the ground. But in Queensland, plans are being finalised for a coal megamine - a mine that will wreck the Reef, cook the climate and effect local indigenous communities!Read More
Our planet is heating up, but some places are feeling the it more than others. We’ve rounded up the climate records broken in 2016, and how we’re dealing with the effects.Read More